Monday, June 30, 2014

Get together

In the last few weeks, I have chatted with several men online. All handsome (in their pictures anyway), all seemed nice.

All single dads.

I'm not talking about guys who share custody and have their kids a few days a week or every other weekend. I'm talking about full-time dads with no help. In one case, the guy was actually helping his grown daughter raise her young son.

These men work Monday - Friday, 9 - 5 jobs, and spend their nights and weekends caring for young kids. They made it clear to me from the beginning that they have no free time. They won't even chat online or text in the evening, or on the weekends.

Do you see my dilemma?

I was raised by a single dad, so I have all the respect in the world for these men. Still, I can't help but wonder what they hope to accomplish. They can't meet - ever. They can only message or text during work hours. How do they expect to date?

I actually posed that question to not one, but two of them. They both answered, "Where there's a will, there's a way." Which is great and all, but not very practical. It's also a pretty vague answer to a very specific problem.

Thanks to the GPS feature on Plenty of Fish, I know these are local men. That being the case...what is the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment