Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Holiday cheer

I came across this post the other day about the traits men look for in a girlfriend. The subject of the email that I got read, "Have a boyfriend by the holidays!"

Then I heard a local radio station talking about whether or not online dating sites are busier, and the women more aggressive, once the holidays roll around.

It got me thinking - are women really more interested in finding a steady-date this time of year? Do we cave under the pressure of family, and holiday parties, and the dreaded prospect of being dateless on New Year's Eve?

I think we might - and I confess, it makes me a little sad. That's the subject of this week's Singles Warehouse post - check it out, here.

2 comments:

  1. Not gonna lie, spending the Holidays unattached is currently terrifying. For the first time in four years, I will not have to buy a gift for the special man in my life because one no longer exists. It's difficult to listen to Christmas music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memory Revenge - I get it. The first time I spent the holidays alone after I got divorced, it was hell. I hated every single minute, and just wanted it to be over.

    After being single for a few years, now doing it alone is easy. I guess it just depends on where you are in your "singleness" and what you're used to. I think the thing that most people want during the holidays is some familiarity and tradition.

    ReplyDelete