Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Stick to the plan

"So should I cancel the dates?"

Because it's been pouring for a little while, a couple of weeks ago I talked with several guys on a Sunday, and scheduled casual dates for later in the week. Of course, then I met the man of my dreams, and that completely threw the whole thing out of whack (more to come on that...).

As dreamy as he may be, and as too-good-to-be-true as he may seem - we did just meet. It is a little foolish to cancel casual dates over something that isn't much more than casual itself. On the other hand, I didn't want to lead anyone on.
 
I asked Baking Suit and another trusted friend for advice. They each gave me a slightly different answer - but both agreed:
  • I wasn't doing anything wrong by keeping the dates
  • It's just a first date - no big deal, and not really leading anyone on
In the end, I decided to stick to the plan. I kept both dates (more on that, also). Why? I know I really need to work on slowing things down, and not getting ahead of myself. I felt like canceling the dates would be me taking a step in the wrong direction.

I am so certain of what I want, that as soon as I see it within reach, I want to grab it and hold on tight. I don't want to wait, because I'm afraid that if I hesitate at all, it'll get lost.

I have to keep reminding myself to deal with what is in front of me, not what might be in the future. I have to keep reminding myself that things are going to work out the way they're meant to, no matter what I do. If it's meant to happen, and I stay true to myself, then I can't mess it up. I have to keep reminding myself that all I can control is me - I can't control how someone else feels about me, or how they react or behave. All I can do is be who I am, and control my own reactions and behavior. If I do that, though, things should fall into place.

I just need to stick to that plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment