Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Spell-check doesn't fix everything

People seemed to enjoy the Best of the Worst feature, where I would pull excerpts (or in some cases, whole profiles) from dating site profiles that were particularly bad. I'm nice enough to not link back to these individuals, or show their photos. For now, anyway.

Hey - don't put it on the internet if you don't want it critiqued!

*************************

Hi my name is {redacted} I am a hard working independent strong man ho can all so be loving. looking for a lover and friend starting off as friend and see ware it goes some one to share my life with may be even marry some day but not in a hurry. I enjoy may things some off them r fishing archery the out doors swimming camping car shows fairs live bands I enjoy music like classic rock or country some pop blues and gospel I enjoy movie at home or going out to movie like dining in or out going for walks in the country or staying home watching the stars. I try to treat others the way I would like to be treated so if you or Interested get back to me i am very easy going I try to help people wen I can also a been a volunteer fire fighter for 25 years

(His first date would be....)
havering a nice breakfast going fishing or swimming and a nice walk in the country and then a fair or car show going out to diner seeing a movie or just one of those thing

*************************

I counted 27 mistakes, including missing puntuation and capitalization. I also counted the use of "r" in place of "are," and don't even get me started on "wen." He included his first name, which I deleted, but it's worth noting he didn't capitalize that, either.

Mistakes like "all so" in place of "also," "ware" in place of "where," and "some one" instead of "someone" are just proof that even spell-check can't fix everything. - but at least it's a start.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Best of the Worst feature. You're totally nicer than I was though. I'd post their user name and ridiculous photos. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! That definitely doesn't instill me with confidence in his communication skills! It's like the punctuation was an afterthought - "Oops, there's supposed to be some periods in there. Let me stick them in here and there."

    ReplyDelete