Monday, April 16, 2012

Pay up

Who should pay for a first date? Some guys say, "Well if I offer, she might think I'm chauvinistic. But if I don't offer, she thinks I'm cheap. Girls are so complicated."

Not really.

But, just in case you're the sort who likes to over-think this kind of thing, Urlybits (via the Frisky) has a flow-chart to help you with the analysis.

Thanks, Baking Suit.


Incidentally, if you want to know what I think:


  • Whoever suggested the date, should be prepared to pay, and make a sincere offer to do so. 
  • I like a guy who insists on paying for the first date. It shows me he believes in a certain amount of tradition and etiquette. 
  • A guy offering to pay is also an indicator that he wants a second date.
  • If a guy is chauvinistic, you'll know long before the check arrives. 
  • All that said...a guy not paying isn't a deal-breaker, but it will also be something I remember.
  • Also, if the guy suggests the date - and the place - and then expects the lady to pay? That's just wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment