Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Full moon

I'm fascinated by the phases of the moon, and all they seem to affect. That may be because I'm a Cancer...or maybe just because I'm an odd duck.

Thankfully, there's a phenomena in my life that signals when a full moon is coming. That way I also know when I should expect the printer to stop working and my wifi to go wonky.

It's when the guys come out of the black hole.

I swear, it's like clockwork. One day my phone is quiet, my calendar is empty, and I'm hanging with my cat. The next day, my phone is blowing up - texts and emails and phone calls from guys circling back, to see "what's up? "

On the one hand - this is an annoyance. Clearly, things are not going anywhere with these men. I can't even trust them enough to be friends, making the conversations nothing more than a huge waste of time.

Except, in a weird way, I find these usual suspects reassuring. They annoy me, yes - but they also give me hope.

The fact that they come back reminds me that no matter how final something might seem - few things really are. You never know how things will change. Where you are right now is not where you'll likely be in a few months, or even weeks.

That's a very comforting thought, when things aren't going so well.

I realize I can't put much stock in these men. The fact that they walk away proves we don't have the connection I want. I'd like to think that the fact that they keep coming back means they're drawn to me...but I know it most likely means they have very little respect for me.

But I'd much rather focus on the positives from these full moon regulars. At least that way they're good for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment