Thursday, April 21, 2011

Love is Jeopardy - Part Four

You can catch up here: Part One, Part Two, Part Three (I swear, we're almost done!)

******************

I tossed the lessons back and forth - just walk away, or put myself out there? Knowing when to let go is a challenge, but so is being upfront, especially if it means I might look foolish.

In the end, I went with a compromise. I sent him a message:
The truth is, I login to the site to read emails, and respond if necessary.
More truth: I was trying to ask you out - on, you know, a real date.
If you're interested, cool. If not, that's cool too. 
You're a tough one to read. At least you're not boring.
Then I texted my friend and said, "...now I feel like I'm done, and either he'll talk to me again or he won't." Basically - I know that I did what I could, and I was honest. The next move is his, and I'm okay with that. And if he's not interested, then I can just chalk that up to his issue, eat some Easter candy and move on.

So what's the compromise? I got to be honest - and after I was, it felt right to walk away.

Wall down - check. Risk taken - check. Honesty - check.

Lesson - learned.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you!

    I typically can't walk away until I feel like I've done what I needed to do either, but once I have, hey, it's all good.

    So proud of you, and yay for lesson learned! Good job! SO MUCH SHINE! :)

    ReplyDelete