Tuesday, June 11, 2013

How to read the signs

I've been going round and round with this guy I've been seeing for a while on whether or not I should call him if I haven't heard from him in a while.

He laughs and says, "Oh I forgot, your phone has that problem where it can't make calls, only receive them."

Exactly.

Thing is, I've gotten so used to guys just disappearing when they lose interest, I assume that's what's happening if he doesn't call for a while. I don't want to call him and put him on the spot if he's lost interest, and I also don't need to hear rejection. Feeling it sucks plenty.

In this particular case, it seems, this guy is still interested. His absence isn't a sign he's pulling away, like it has been with others. It's more a sign that he's busy, or not wanting to bother me.

My personal issues aside (yup, I know they're there), this is one of those situations where I just wish guys would get their act together. It would be much easier to interpret behavior if the same actions meant the same thing, no matter the guy.

Take these signs he's just not that into you, from iVillage. If not committing to plans is a sign he's not into you, shouldn't making plans be a sign that he is? I have had a couple of guys welcome my "stuff" at their place, allow me access to their computer or phone, or invite me to family/friend events - only to eventually be told that despite all that, they were just not that into me.

Down is up, left is right, in is out....and they say women are complicated. If I don't like you, I'll just straight up tell you. There will be no guessing. Why can't men be that easy to understand?

Found it here




2 comments:

  1. Because men are dumb.
    No matter how intelligent.. THEY ARE JUST EMOTIONALLY DUMB.

    ;) Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in this situation before - and eventually it dawned on me that IF he was interested he would MAKE time, not use being busy as an excuse. You deserve someone who will make the time to get to know you - and what Kateri said!!

    ReplyDelete