Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Be an expert on yourself

My biggest pet peeve with relationship experts is they seem mostly concerned with teaching people how to find someone who wants to be with them. How to dress and act; what to say, and where to go, all to attract someone else.

Which - I get. That's what most people want help with - finding, attracting, and keeping the person.

I guess there's a part of me that wishes people were less concerned with meeting someone and more concerned with meeting the right one.

It's like the message is that our only real standard should be that a guy want us. Like what we want doesn't even matter, so don't bother trying to figure that out.

I don't think people need to consult relationship experts, or even become relationship experts.

I think we need to become an expert on ourselves.

Once you know yourself, I think the right person is just around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. Such a great post. More people need to realize this.

    ReplyDelete