Sunday, November 3, 2013

30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 23

Today's blogging challenge: Talk about a moment when you got annoyed with a married friend, a person in a relationship, or a person with kids.

This happens now and then. Most of my friends are in committed relationships (married or otherwise) and most of them have kids. I have two friends with situations similar to mine, and neither of them live near me. So my life is very, very different from those friends with whom I spend a lot of time.

I get a lot of relationship advice. Things I need to change in order to find a relationship, and things I need to change in order to keep a relationship going. The advice usually comes in the form of links to articles about dating, or relationships. Occasionally, I get links to articles about how to live happily without a relationship.

To be clear, I get this is all well-intended advice. My friends love me, they're concerned for my happiness, and just want to see me get all they think I deserve.

But it can still be frustrating to constantly be told how your lifestyle and choices are all wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment