Sunday, November 10, 2013

30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 27

Today's blogging challenge: Talk about something that you really, really love about yourself. 

For me, this is a tough one. Like many women, I've spent years learning to focus on those things about myself that I don't like - what I need to change, improve, or hide. We're taught not to like ourselves and wave away compliments.

Which is kind of sad, if you think about it. We're all unique, and fabulous in our own way. We should celebrate our differences, and our quirks, and love ourselves - flaws and all. Instead, we convince ourselves that if we're not like everyone else, there's something wrong.

So, something I really, really love about myself?

I like that I know how to forgive. I think it often seems like I let others roll over me sometimes, and take advantage. My kindness is probably seen as weakness, but that's not how I see it.

I see the ability to forgive as a strength. I see my ability to choose my battles as a sign of maturity and wisdom.

No matter how many times people (and I mean men, as well as friends and family) treat me poorly or hurt my feelings, I keep forgiving. I believe people are good, and deserve a chance.

I also believe that the way they treat me is their karma - and how I react is my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment