Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Hit publish

The other day I was all dressed up, having a good hair and make-up day. That's somewhat rare, so I decided to take some photos to update my dating profiles. I'm one of those people who actually goes to the trouble of updating my profile (pictures and all) at least every six months.

As I hit publish, I got to thinking. It really does take a certain level of guts to put your picture on a profile. You're basically asking people to judge your appearance. Asking them to determine if they think you're worth a closer look. You're inviting criticism and harsh words and rejection.

I've always posted a photo, because I think not posting one is dishonest. But when I hit publish, I can't help but picture guys pointing and laughing.

I don't agree that anyone should put a profile out there without a photo. I think if you're actually available and honestly looking to meet, you should be upfront about everything - including your face.

But I do understand how it can be so scary to just hit publish.

By the way....Engineer's wedding was lovely.

1 comment:

  1. You are as beautiful on the outside as you are on the in - and it is dishonest not to post a pic.

    ReplyDelete