Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Give up dating for Lent

Today is the first day of Lent. Baking Suit suggested yesterday that those who observe should be thinking about something to give up - or think of 40 nice things to do - for the next 40 days.

I think the point of giving something up is that it be something you enjoy, so that you're making a sacrifice. I'm not sure it qualifies, but I've decided to give up the active pursuit of dates. Let me be clear - if a guy I'm already talking to asks me out, I can still go. But for the next 40 days, there will be no trolling for new candidates.

I consider this something good for myself, because I could probably use the perspective I'll get from the break. It's probably also good for the sanity of my friends (who I'm sure are tired of listening to  me by now) and the safety of the single guys in my area (because if I'm not mad at them, there's far less of a chance any of them will be run over by my car).

You're all welcome.

1 comment:

  1. My son asked me if he could give up vegetables.

    Because he likes them...

    I caught on to the trick...

    ReplyDelete