Friday, February 22, 2013

NaBloPoMo - Soulmates

Today's writing prompt is...
Aristotle said, "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." Do you agree or disagree?
To be honest - I'm not sold on this idea. I do believe in soul mates. I think everyone has someone who understands them at a level deeper than anyone else. Someone who can finish their sentences, shares their thoughts, almost to the point where it seems you're sharing one mind.

But I don't think that's the definition of love.

I also don't think it necessarily needs to be someone with whom you're in love.


Someone who understands? Who has been where you are, and gets where you're going? Someone who can listen without judgment, or rushing to "fix" your problems? Who lets you vent, and shows up with chocolate ice cream when you need it most? Someone who anticipates your next move? Who isn't afraid to tell you the truth, even when it's not what you want to hear? 

Am I crazy - or is that a job for a friend? 

You know what they say - never send a man to do a woman's job.

2 comments:

  1. I love my husband dearly (as you know) but my soul mates are of the female variety.

    ReplyDelete