Thursday, April 4, 2013

Let's see what happens

Do you remember Bachelor #1 from this post? He's still around - sort of.

By sort of, I mean he's around as much as he ever was - which wasn't much. He doesn't text frequently or consistently. He calls even less. We don't see each other any more than once a week, and usually he's too "busy" to spend much time together when we do hang out.

I thought I'd be annoyed by this style of dating, the "let's just see what happens" approach. Truth is - it's somewhat convenient, and helps keep me from setting expectations.

He doesn't set standards for our relationship that he can't meet, or make promises he can't keep. He doesn't pretend we're something we're not, and he doesn't come on strong, then forget to back it up.

He's consistently inconsistent. Which is more honesty than I get from most men. 

I will admit...I wonder if we're well-suited for something long-term. For all the reasons I mentioned in the post, I wonder how compatible we'd be for anything more than an occasional date. 

Not to mention, the whole "let's see what happens" approach feels like how you treat a relationship when you're either not sure what you want, or you're not sure you want it with this person. Like I've said before, I'm looking for someone who is sure.

I understand this is how a relationship would develop if you start out as friends - but we met on a dating site. Seems to me if we were sure of each other, we'd skip some of this nonsense. 

The nice thing is, keeping him around staying in touch means I can have the occasional date with someone I know is fun, and with whom I know there is no expectation of anything more. 

I guess we'll just see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment