Friday, May 17, 2013

Since you asked...

It's been a week. Lots of stuff going on - most of which, honestly, has little to do with dating. But, I did have two dates last week (two different guys) and a (fingers crossed) a date tonight with another adorable man. I've been poking around on different dating sites...and that always leads to a few observations.
  • Describing yourself as loyal makes you sound like a dog.
  • If you're unemployed, maybe now isn't the best time to set up a dating profile. That said - kudos for being upfront!
  • Taking photos of yourself flipping off the camera is crude, unnecessary, and a turn-off.
  • Related: I wish I was mean enough to post a link to some profiles - pictures and all.
  • Nobody drops their phone in water that often. Plus, I can see you're online. That lie is not only unnecessary, it's an insult to us both.
  • You don't need to keep telling me how compassionate, caring, romantic, faithful you are. Message received. How about we start with something more basic.... Like your job?
  • If you don't even know how to spell the name of the city in which you live...we are not a good match.
  • If we're of different races, and we're on a date, asking me how I feel about interracial dating is probably a little redundant.

Many of the men I talk with are either African American or mixed-race.
I may start calling them Hot Chocolate (in fun, of course).


No comments:

Post a Comment