Monday, November 29, 2010

Broken

September 2010


Big was acting strange. But, every time I thought I should say something, he'd go back to normal. He even introduced me to a friend from work, and was very open about the fact that we were dating. He was affectionate with me in front of his friend, and everything seemed good. 

Late in the month, he had a business trip. While away, he posted a personal blog about being uncertain of some feelings. He didn't come out and say what or whose feelings he was talking about, but I'll admit, it made me pause. When he returned from his trip, I wasn't sure how to bring it up, or even when I would see him. 

But Big did surprise me. The day he got back, he asked me to have dinner with him. We had such a nice time. We talked and laughed over dinner, and when I dropped him off at his apartment, he gave me the longest, sweetest hug and kiss goodnight. 

I didn't see him for a few days. That was a little unusual. What was even more unusual was, when we did have plans, he stood me up. I don't think it was intentional, but he met a friend (a woman) after work because she needed someone to talk to. I knew her as well, and knew she was having some problems, so I let it go. 

A couple other little things happened. Finally, we spent a nice Saturday together. We went to lunch, did some shopping, went for a drive, had dinner and then went to a concert. When I dropped Big off at his apartment that night, I said to him, "Is everything okay? You've been acting different the last week or so." 

"Well....I've been feeling a little confused...."

No comments:

Post a Comment