It's not a date if...
- You invite me to meet you at a deserted football field.
Found it here
- You invite me to meet you at work.
- You invite me to meet you anywhere that is potentially unsafe. This includes locations that are secluded, or otherwise attractive to serial killers.
- You spend the entire time on your phone.
- You invite me anywhere, and then ask me to pay and/or pick you up.
- You refuse to agree to a time and/or place until the last minute.
- You show up dirty and/or stinky.
- You invite me to drive to you - and then sit in my car.
- We've never met, barely talked, yet you invite me to your home.
Also - please don't misunderstand. While I appreciate someone paying for me, it's not expected, or even necessary. There are ways to have a perfectly nice, actual date, and spend very little (or no) money.
Also - yes, these have all happened to me.