Thursday, July 26, 2012

Two is better than one

Two is better than one when it comes to eyes...ears...hands...shoes...earrings....

Not necessarily "dates in one night."

But, that's what I did, about two weeks after updating my online dating profiles. It didn't start out that way. In fact, when I left for work that morning, I had every intention of hitting the nail salon and the gym in the evening.

Then Pimp texted to ask if I wanted to meet for a quick bite. He offered a place near work, that would be very quick - more on that later - and I accepted. I might need to skip my nails, but I could still make the gym.

Then Morgan texted me and asked if I was busy; his plans with his kids had changed, and he was hoping we could get together (it would be our first date). I wasn't giving up a chance at that; so I said sure, but I would need to text when I was done with my "friend."

I've gone on more than one date in a day before. But it's usually meet one for coffee (as a first date) and one for dinner (as a second or third date). I've never gone on two first dates within two hours.

I have to say - not something I recommend.

If you actually like first dates - maybe. I do not. I hate repeating the same basic spiel - my "story" - over and over; to have to do it twice in a couple of hours? Torture.

Not to mention - both guys wanted to go for food. Not having planned better, I didn't leave myself an out. So by the time I got home, I was full - and didn't have time for the gym.

It also left me no time for myself. On a Saturday, a breakfast date followed by a dinner date later is fine. I'm left with plenty of GGS time in between. But squeezing in two dates after work? No time at all. Not a good plan.

But we know I like my lessons. The moral of this story?

When you're single, you always need to be dressed as though your next date is just around the corner. 

1 comment:

  1. The last date I went on I definitely had an out...I said I had to meet a friend a few hours later, and I did go meet up with a friend, but after last year's adventures I decided it's *alwyas* best (two first dates back to back or not) to have an out. Always. If the date's good, then hopefully there will be a follow-up, if it's bad, well, only 2 hours until it's all over. That's my new plan.

    ReplyDelete