Thursday, February 24, 2011

What I've learned: Quirky

"I've been trying therapy. It's a little bit like dating...except you're not trying to hide how crazy you are." - Hot in Cleveland

I don't watch this show normally. I was hanging with some friends this weekend, and this was on. Pretty funny, actually.

That line struck me as funny in a, yeah-that's-true kind of way. When we date, we do hide our crazy. Like I've said, I hid my crazy (a little) when I was with Big, because it was so important to me that I not give him a reason an excuse to end things.

Something else I've learned from Big and Mr. 28YO? I really don't want to hide my crazy cute quirks anymore. I guess what I'm really looking for is someone who will like me for who I am.

Besides my therapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment