Monday, February 28, 2011

Not quite

Remember that guy I was telling you about? Well, I totally chickened out on asking him out on twitter or facebook. But, as luck would have it, I stumbled upon his profile on a dating site. Since dating is the purpose of the site, and since we were both there anyway....I sent him a message.

Me: I stumbled upon your profile, and thought...don't I know him? Turns out - I do! We should get together some time, and trade horror...I mean, funny....stories.
Him: Ha! Yeah, I've run into a few people I know on here. Weird. Should we just meet at (the place we ran into each other once before)? ;)
Me: If I remember correctly, you didn't like the coffee. Must be someplace better.
Him: Nah, decent coffee. 
Me: Well, what about (a local coffee place)?
*crickets*

Yeah, haven't heard from him since. Not only that, I replied to one of his tweets (as a joke; not date-related at all) which also remains ignored. I'm assuming that means that he only responded to be polite, and is not interested.

There's no way to know what turned him off. It could be something in my profile on that site; or it could be something I've posted elsewhere (like twitter or a blog). It could be anything, really - for all I know, it might not even have anything to do with me.

But of course, I focus on my looks, because that's my most vulnerable point.

So, while it's fine that he's not interested, I have to admit - my ego wasn't ready for the bruise. Since that's just a reality of dating - I think it's safe to assume that I'm probably not ready for the whole "dating scene" yet. So, I'll return to my single-not-dating status.

For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment