Thursday, March 31, 2011

The part I don't understand

I had a post all ready to go about this guy and how he's sort of got that "bad boy" thing going, and how attractive that is - even though I know better.

But then something happened....

I messaged him the other night and casually mentioned that he "owe's me a drink." His response?

<crickets>

Yes, that's right. He just ignored it; no, "Hey I can't talk right now," to indicate he is still interested. Not even, "You know, I was thinking, maybe we shouldn't do that," to let me know he is not. Just - silence.

I truly do get not being interested; I do. I also know it's a tough conversation - one I've certainly never gone out of my way to have. If I'm not interested in someone, I'm always more than happy to just let them fade away.

I guess the difference is that I'd never just ignore someone - if they reach out to me, I'm going to respond. Even if it means I have to be uncomfortable. I would also never say to someone that I thought we should get together, only to shut them down. If you don't really want to get together with someone, or be friends, or date, or whatever - why ask?

That's the part I just don't understand.

2 comments:

  1. As someone who will come back to my comp with messages from people because I forgot to shut down I like to give them the benefit of the doubt once. Maybe they got distracted like I do...but I don't ask them again, let him come to you. If the alternate is true and he's just being a douchecanoe, well it sucks but sometimes people don't have balls. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of that. He was online briefly yesterday and said nothing to me, so I'm going with the latter.

    I get not having the balls. If he was just being friendly, and I took it another step and asked him out, I can actually understand just avoiding the conversation.

    But he was the one who said it...why create an uncomfortable situation for yourself, and then wonder how it got that way? I just don't get that. At all.

    It's gotta be me.

    ReplyDelete