Tuesday, October 22, 2013

30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 15

Today's blogging challenge: Narrate a conversation between you and someone in your life with whom you never had closure (friend, ex, family member, etc.). What would you say? What would they say? What outcome would you hope for?

I tried and tried this post. I really did. I thought about a conversation between me and Big. I thought about a conversation between me and Trooper. I think you always walk away from relationships with a few unanswered questions, and a few things you think you still want to say.

I even thought about narrating a conversation between me and any of the men I've met who have vanished into thin air. Obviously, there are plenty of questions, the first being - what the heck happened?!

The thing is, every time I started to narrate the conversations, I felt like I was drudging up bad feelings for no reason. After all, the relationships are where they're supposed to be at this point. Whether that means the relationship is over, or has just changed - whatever truly needed to be said, has been.

Then I started thinking about the last question in the challenge: What outcome would I hope for? Well, I suppose in any situation like this, what you want is the closure you're missing.

I have wasted too much time hoping for closure in situations where I'm just not meant to find it. Sometimes we're just not meant to have our own way, to say every little thing we're thinking, or understand what happened completely. It's taken a long time for me to realize that letting go sometimes takes a lot more strength than holding on.

I prefer to focus on what's ahead, rather than look over my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment