Sunday, October 27, 2013

30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 19

Today's blogging challenge: What is something about you that people would be surprised to learn?

Since I'm pretty much an open book, there's really not a lot about me that I think surprises people. Baking Suit did once tell me that she was very surprised to learn that I was once a fan of professional wrestling (you know, WWE - Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant - all that stuff).

I guess it doesn't really go along with my girly-girl demeanor - but perhaps it would make a little more sense if I explained it all started because of a cute guy.

My uncle used to hang at my house once a week before he'd go bowling. He was there early in the afternoon, sometimes before I got home from school. Back then, wrestling was more kid-friendly, and was on cable in the afternoons. He'd put it on TV while he ate his dinner.

One day, I was watching it with him, and happened to see a wrestler named Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat.

Sigh.

The rest is history.

I may, or may not, have almost gotten my older cousin ejected from the Glens Falls Civic Center for throwing a stuffed bear with a fan letter pinned to it for Mr. Steamboat.

No comments:

Post a Comment