Friday, October 11, 2013

30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 6

Today's blogging challenge: Sound off on the quote "Every woman has the exact love she wants."

Ha. Hahaha. Ha. What a nice idea. If only it were true.

Here's the thing about people, in general, and women in particular: We always want what we don't have.

If I'm short with naturally curly brown hair, I want to be tall with straight blonde hair. If I was born smart, I want bigger boobs. If I wear a DD cup, I wish I was more graceful. If I have a lucrative career, I wish it was something that was more fulfilling.

The same is true of our love life. If I'm married, I secretly envy my single friends, if only now and then. If I'm single, I sometimes wish I could come home to a secure relationship. If I've found the love of my life, I might be just a little sad I've had my last first kiss. If I'm in a seemingly-endless string of horrible first dates, I wish it would end already.

I might absolutely adore my significant other because he's a great lover - but maybe I wish he was a little more successful, or could make me laugh a little more. Maybe I love that my husband is a wonderful provider for me and our kids - but I wish he was a little more romantic. No matter what I say on Facebook - nothing is as perfect as it seems.

The thing is, God, or cupid, or the universe, or whoever you believe is in charge of such things, isn't helping us by sending us the love that we want.

We get the love that we need, when the time is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment