Saturday, October 12, 2013

30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 7

Today's blogging challenge: Where are you in your life versus where you thought you would be at this point.

I could (and do) devote a whole blog to this very topic.

If you had asked me ten years ago where I thought I'd be at 39, I would have said I'd be happily married, loving my home, in a wonderful career. I'd have expected to be very happy in my very settled, structured life.

Which is, you know, exactly nothing like where my life is at 39.

I'm divorced, single, not even sure if I want to date, in a career I hate, and hoping to sell my house next year.

Of course, all that turmoil has forced me to fix things about myself, examine what I really want in a relationship, and find other ways to fill my time and give my life meaning, if they can't always pay my bills.

Along the way I've met amazing friends, some of whom I'd have never met if my life had stayed on that steady course. I've offered help to friends I never could have, and supported friends by understanding in a way I'd have never been able.

So...my life isn't where I thought I'd be, but it's where I'm supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment