Wednesday, October 30, 2013

30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 21

Today's blogging challenge: How would you pitch a reality show about yourself? To what network?

I have been told that my dating life would make a great book - and I suppose that in turn means it might make an OK movie. The thing is, that observation is based on hearing the best stories I have to offer. Most of my stories are pretty boring. 

A book or a movie could work with a little embellishment, creative license - and maybe some special effects to spice things up. A cute actor wouldn't hurt. 

But a TV show? A reality show even? I have to believe those poor viewers would lose interest pretty quickly, watching me type on my laptop, or push paperwork, or hang out with my cat watching Netflix and On Demand. Can you imagine how the camera people would feel?! They'd die from sheer boredom.

I'm not even sure I could plug a reality show of my life with a straight face. But I mean, A&E has made hoarding a successful TV show. So maybe once a month, they'd follow me on a date? They could do 30 minutes on the online back and forth I went through to meet the poor sucker guy, and then 30 minutes of some creative editing to show the actual date.

Though, if all the dates were as boring as the one I had the other night, I still think the show would be canceled after episode one.

No comments:

Post a Comment