Friday, May 20, 2011

Five things about me

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little bit insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times, hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." ~ Marilyn Monroe

I was poking around on facebook (Oh, you didn't know I was there? I am - show me some facebook love like, won't you?!) and came across this article from the How about we....? blog.

We all have issues. Every one of us. But it's a rare few who actually know what our issues are - most of us are far more interested in the issues that other people bring to the table.

Those of us lucky enough to have been dumped like yesterday's trash learned from past relationships are usually more aware of our own flaws. Because, you know, they've been pointed out to us we've had a chance to really get to know ourselves.

So, in that spirit - here are five things anyone should know before he considers dating me.

When I get hungry, I get cranky monumentally bitchy. When I say I'm hungry, that doesn't mean we should eat hours from now. It means we're inside the hazard window, and if you want to eat with me, you'd better get with the program.

I don't share well. This does not mean I'm not generous - I am. I'd do anything for anyone, and help in any way I can. But do not try to steal my covers or my closet space.

I can be passive-aggressive. I don't always want to have a confrontation, but I am woefully bad at hiding when I'm upset. I'm working on it.

I have arthritis in my knees. It probably sounds weird - but it's important. Why? There will be things I want to do, but can't. I expect you to hold out your hand, to help me with steps. I expect you to look for an elevator or escalator, and I expect you not to get impatient when I walk slow. I won't always accept your help - but I'll always want your consideration.

I'm still friends with my ex. He's my best guy friend; and one of the best friends I have. Period. He still talks to my family, he helps me with problems. He's not going anywhere - but he is truly an ex.

And my bonus good thing, like the author of the original post added....

I'm over drama. I don't play games; what I say is what I mean; and I don't want to be in charge of your life. I just want to be your equal.

What would be on your list?

1 comment:

  1. Hm, my list?

    I'm fiercely independent. I generally don't need someone's help and am working on asking for it if/when I do. I really can do most things on my own.

    I like being busy. This means get your requests in early because my days fill up fast.

    I strongly believe in things that might make no sense to someone else...and that's ok.

    I'm a smart cookie. I don't try to flaunt it (mostly) but it does come through. I'm not using big words to make someone feel like they're not smart enough, that's just the word I want to use.

    I have a past. Get over it and realize that a lot of my past experiences will benefit others in some way, shape, or form.

    ReplyDelete