Monday, May 23, 2011

The Quiet Man: Part I

So, like I said - I got online and met a couple of guys. Last week, I told you about Pepe. Today, let me introduce you to Sean.

SN: That's not his real name; I named him after the John Wayne character in The Quiet Man - a movie I find dull, lifeless and which almost always puts me to sleep.

Sean seemed really nice - at first. Not too long after we started chatting, I realized we might be on different pages. Sean has no hobbies - none. Or, if he does, he doesn't talk about them. He reads and watches movies - and he felt we were a match made in heaven because, not only do I do those same things - we like the same movies and books.

Thing is - I can get along with anyone's book and/or movie interests. It doesn't really ignite a spark, if you know what I mean.

To make matters worse, Sean came on very strong. "Are you home yet?" became a routine offline message waiting for me when I signed in to check email. Did I mention we only chatted for a week?! The second night we chatted, I asked how long he'd been doing the online thing. He said a long time, then added, "But maybe we can both get off the site soon!" Really?!

Texting was worse. The day before our date, he texted me at 8:30 in the morning. (SN: Never do that.) Lucky for him, I was already awake. A few hours later, he says, "You're quiet today." Um, helllloooo....we're not together! And I'm shopping!

I already sort of knew this wouldn't work, but had promised to meet him for dinner, so I did. It did not go well. So, I hoped after the date, he'd just fade away.

Or not. Apparently, we were on completely different dates, because about an hour after I got home, I got a text that read, "I had a good time."

Awesome. Now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment