Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Stress relief

"Remember that guy....?"

Baking Suit looked at me, laughed, and said I needed to narrow that down a bit.

"The one who yelled at me...."

"Oh, OK, him."

He texted me again. The first time was back in February. The first conversation was very generic and cordial. The second conversation we spoke about relationships, but in a general way (we weren't talking about us dating, just dating in general).

He said he was sort of sitting on the sidelines after a couple of bad experiences. I got the impression he had dated someone who said she was OK with something, and then changed her mind. He seemed disappointed that dating can be full of people setting false expectations, and then changing their minds about what they really want.

Those conversations actually went very well. It seemed like we were getting along, and while we didn't agree on everything, we weren't adversarial. I thought it was progress towards friendship, at least, even if we're not meant to date.

I'm often wrong.

I reached out to him again about a week later, and asked how things were. He told me he'd had a busy week at work and was just winding down. I commented that when I'm stressed out, a movie or mindless TV does wonders, something where I don't have to think.

He said, "Nah, I want an active distraction. I need to work off some stress so to speak."

I suggested the gym, because I didn't like where it felt the conversation was headed.

"I will think of something fun and stress relieving."

I told him to enjoy his night.

"I'm in search of stress relief...you do the same."

It's worth noting that this conversation happened at 9:30 pm on a Thursday night.

You won't believe what happened next....

3 comments: